The Old Moscow Circus on Tsvetnoy Boulevard is one of the oldest circuses in Russia. Over a hundred years ago, in 1880, this building on Tsvetnoy Boulevard was constructed by merchant Danilov's enterprise for Circus of Alberta Salamonsky.They say that Salamonsky framed and hung in the ticket office the first ruble gained for a ticket.When on October 20, 1880 the circus had its first spectators, there were five rows of chairs, boxes, first floor, second seats with wooden unnumbered benches and a gallery without seats. Then the building was adjusted many times, but all of its long life it served to the circus.
The most famous artists performed there: Anatoly and Vladimir Durov, Vitaly Lazarenko, Williams Truzzi with his well-trained horses, the unbeatable jumpers Sosin, the top-class jockeys Vasily Sobolewski and Herbert Cook, the graceful dancer Martha Sur, the acrobats Okeanos, the incomparable tightrope walkers sisters Koch, the famous "Dodger"Kio, who mesmerized all the boys ...
During the tour, visitors will visit the rehearsal arena, the stage, the stables (feeding the animals is an option), the monkey house, the clown room, the ballet room, Y. Nikulin's office (except Saturday and Sunday). After the tour you will be given souvenirs from the circus and then visit the colorful performance.